The selected candidate will contribute to the delivery of client-facing design tasks across multiple diverse projects simultaneously, including graphics creation and revision, guided choices on fonts and colors, and designing for WordPress websites within page builder tools. This role establishes strategy in collaboration with team members across multiple disciplines, and collaborates in overall creative delivery on large-scale projects. With clear and concise client communication skills, they have a strong ability to confidently present design work with supporting rationale and compelling storytelling. Confident workshop facilitation skills and co-creation mindset are utilized to define problems, ideate and define solutions. This role reports to the Creative Director.
- Iterative, modular design production, documentation and communication at various fidelity levels: e.g. concept development, style options and production style guides, user journeys, wireframes and layouts, motion and animation definition, etc.
- Develop WordPress website page designs within design tools (i.e. Figma) and/or page builder tools (i.e. Beaver Builder) using design best practices and driving value for stakeholder goals.
- Create new as well as revise logos and other graphics to improve client branding.
Planning concepts by studying relevant information and materials.
- Guide clients in color, font, and other styling choices that will communicate their values and allow for freedom in website design.
- Perform design research and testing, turning insights into actionable recommendations and design solutions.
- Work with project teams to define design plans and deliver on them for ideal project outcomes alongside the Project Manager and Accounts team.
- Proactively collaborate with other disciplines on scope definition and design deliverables, building relationships across disciplines and with our clients, fostering an environment of psychologically safe collaboration and critique.
- Respond to guidance and direction from the Creative Director and Project Manager, coordinating with them to set priorities, meet deadlines, follow team procedures, and collaborate with other team members.
- Engage meaningfully with clients, leading demos, communicating clearly (both written and verbal), providing visual design guidance, and driving discussions.
- Accurately account for your time spent using our project management tool. Ultimately you will make the web better by finely crafting websites, apps, and tools that reach thousands of online visitors every day. How you spend your time makes a difference for both our company and our clients.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team and efficiently manage design feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Comfortably navigate ambiguity and confidently reduce it. Flexibly juggle multiple tasks in a given week, and adjust priorities as needed for scheduling across the team.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Figma, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), DropBox, and G Suite.
- Prior experience working on a wide range of projects including branding, communications, advertising, email marketing, digital marketing, website, and content creation.
- Experience with developing graphics, illustrations, videos, gifs, and other creative materials for web, social, and other digital platforms.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, both internal and client-facing.
- Technically proficient with the ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues.
- A strong eye for visual composition.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- You have 3+ years experience with responsive enterprise-level web and mobile design, including a solid understanding of the web as a medium and what it means to realize designs in a multi-device world, with a particular focus on layout, typography, color, media and accessibility.
- You can present a demonstrated portfolio of compelling, engaging, web design solutions, and an ability to define what makes them successful.
- You are experienced in creating unique designs from scratch, not just designing to a template. You know how to work within brand guidelines and can make suggestions to improve the digital brand along the way.
- You’ve designed for WordPress as a platform beyond typical “blog” use cases - such as migrating or building large-scale WordPress (or similar CMSs) websites.
- Understanding of WordPress architecture and how it affects front end design functionality (i.e. Custom Post Types, Archive and Single post layout pages, Categories and Tags, etc.).
- Soft skills needed in working with a fully remote team, including accurate time tracking, and both asynchronous and synchronous digital communication (i.e. email, Slack, and Project Management tools). Must have at least 3 hours of overlap with Eastern time zone work hours of 9am-5pm.
- Strong communication skills within a team environment, including the ability to proactively engage about potential risks and problems before they arise.
- An open mind ready to learn. Your designs will be regularly shared with our Creative Director, and you are expected to respond to and adjust your approach based on their guidance and direction.
- Experience and/or willingness to learn design within WordPress front-end page builders (i.e. Beaver Builder, Gutenberg).
- Experience building and designing Blog pages and Custom Post Types within WordPress using page builders.
- Experience working with enterprise-scale clients.
- Experience with remote working.
It is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran stats, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, lay-off, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.