Full Stack WordPress Developer
The selected candidate will coordinate delivery of development tasks across multiple diverse projects simultaneously. This role reports to the Lead Developer.
- Lead and support the development of enterprise-level WordPress plugins.
- Drive strategy in collaboration with experts across multiple disciplines, and lead overall technical vision and delivery on large-scale projects.
- Respond to guidance and direction from Lead Developer and Project Manager, coordinating with them to set priorities, follow team procedures, and coordinate with other team members.
- Engage meaningfully with clients, leading demos, communicating clearly, and driving discussions.
- Accurately account for your time spent using our project management tool. Ultimately you will make the web better by finely crafting websites, apps, and tools that reach thousands of online visitors every day. How you spend your time makes a difference for both our company and our clients.
Technology Qualifications (general proficiencies required across the WP stack):
- PHP, Composer
- API integrations/Rest API/GraphQL
- High Scale/Concurrency/Optimization
- Reactive frameworks: ReactJS and/or VueJS
- Gutenberg/WP Theme hierarchy
- Relational DBs: MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server
- NoSQL, MongoDB
- Modeling data structures in WordPress
- General database design and data structuring
- Server provisioning and management:
- NGINX, Apache
- SQL Injection, XSS, CSFR, etc
- Rate limiting
- Extensive web development experience executing deliverables on large-scale technical projects - coordinating with multiple stakeholders and finding simple yet elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Existing plugin examples demonstrating expert skills in WordPress engineering with PHP, React.js, and Gutenberg that consistently follow WordPress best practices and set the highest standards of excellence.
- Existing code portfolio that can be reviewed on GitHub / Bitbucket etc.
- Thorough understanding of code repositories in Git and utilizing this tool in a development team - i.e. completing pull requests, reviewing comments, merging code, etc.
- Ability to expertly troubleshoot and debug WordPress website performance, functionality, hosting, and caching issues across environments.
- 2+ years experience in software development that has given you a wide foundation of knowledge about various frameworks, languages, software development life cycle approaches, and code repository tools.
- Soft skills needed in working with a fully remote team, including accurate time tracking, and both asynchronous and synchronous digital communication (i.e. email, Slack, and Project Management tools). Must have at least 3 hours of overlap with Eastern time zone work hours of 9am-5pm.
- Strong communication skills within a team environment, including the ability to proactively engage about potential risks and problems before they arise.
- Effective communication throughout task life cycles (ie, using screenshots/screencasts) to provide clarity, demonstrate completeness or possible issues.
- Flexibility in being able to juggle multiple tasks in a given week, and adjust priorities as needed for scheduling across the team.
- An open mind ready to learn. Your code will be regularly shared with our Lead Developer, and you are expected to respond to and adjust your approach based on their guidance and correction.
- Experience with remote working.
- 5+ years experience in software development.
It is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran stats, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, lay-off, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.