WordPress Page Builder Guru
The selected candidate will coordinate delivery of WordPress page builder tasks across multiple diverse projects simultaneously. This role reports to the Creative Director.
- Complete tasks associated with WordPress website builds and updates, including content input and revision, media upload and placement, input of items for custom post types, and making tweaks for responsive breakpoints.
- Plugin setup and configuration, including Gravity Forms, Beaver Builder tools, hosting plugins, Events Calendar Pro, WooCommerce, and other various WordPress plugins.
- With guidance and direction from Creative Director and Project Manager, coordinate to set priorities, follow team procedures, and organize project task completion with other team members.
- Provide timely support to client requests and inquiries, troubleshooting bugs and attempting resolution within WordPress Admin dashboard functions.
- Escalate tasks that require back end development or hosting server level attention.
- Accurately account for your time spent using our project management tool. Ultimately you will make the web better by finely crafting websites that reach thousands of online visitors every day. How you spend your time makes a difference for both our company and our clients.
- At least two years of experience with modern website front end page builders (i.e. Gutenberg, Beaver Builder, etc.), with a focus on responsive layout and strong attention to detail.
- Equally comfortable with conceptual design and tactical design production in a fast paced agency environment with effective time management. Ability to balance business, audience and technical needs to drive positive design outcomes.
- Clear and concise client communication skills, both written and verbal, with proactive attention to details of client requests and items that need additional clarification.
- Understanding of WordPress architecture and how it affects front end design functionality (i.e. Custom Post Types, Archive and Single post layout pages, Categories and Tags, etc.).
- Able to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team and efficiently manage feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and a confident ability to reduce it.
- Soft skills needed in working with a fully remote team, including accurate time tracking, and both asynchronous and synchronous digital communication (i.e. email, Slack, and Project Management tools). Must have at least 3 hours of overlap with Eastern time zone work hours of 9am-5pm.
- Strong communication skills within a team environment, including the ability to proactively engage about potential risks and problems before they arise.
- Flexibility in being able to juggle multiple tasks in a given week, and adjust priorities as needed for scheduling across the team.
- An open mind ready to learn. Your work will be regularly reviewed by both the Creative Director and Project Manager, and you are expected to respond to and adjust your approach based on their guidance and direction.
- Specific experience building WordPress website pages within Beaver Builder and Gutenberg page builders.
- Experience building Blog page and Custom Post Type archive & singular layouts in WordPress using shortcodes within page builders for custom layouts.
- Experience working with small and enterprise-scale clients.
- Comfortable with remote working.
It is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran stats, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, lay-off, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.