The Project Manager is responsible for leading a team of professionals in completing projects by set deadlines to meet the needs of our clients. Their duties include dividing up their budget for different project aspects and advocating for additional funding when necessary, hiring freelance professionals or selecting project team members from existing departments and setting or adjusting project schedules to adhere to deadlines. They work closely with the executive and sales teams to develop new and existing business and provide opportunities for other team members to develop.
This role reports directly to the Lead Project Manager. Though developers and designers do not report directly to the PM, this person must have the ability to manage, motivate, and build rapport with the executing team members in order to preserve project momentum and realize project success.
The Project Manager will need to effectively communicate with staff and clients. They will make decisions and monitor the progress of their projects to keep them on schedule, communicating any changes with the client and team. Important responsibilities for a Project Manager include:
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines on multiple projects
- Delegating tasks on projects to employees best positioned to complete them
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with projects
- Develop and document business requirements for client projects based on client input
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple units are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Communicating with clients to keep the project aligned with their goals
- Performing quality control on projects throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Adjusting schedules and targets on projects as needs or financing change
- Provide tools, support, and opportunities for team members to perform their jobs well
- Feedback and review of team members on timely execution and delivery on client projects
- Work with the executive team to identify issues and opportunities with clients
- Address team development issues identified by the executive team
- Assist the sales team with the scope of work development
- Manage timely response, assessment, and completion of client support ticket requests
- Coordinate with the Executive team and Lead Project Manager to create and maintain the full spectrum of project management documents, including Proposals, contracts, project reports, invoices, and other documents as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of experience managing projects for external (i.e. paying) customers.
- Demonstrated success managing projects in a fast-paced and highly technical environment.
- Proven track record managing multiple projects.
- Experience with all aspects of project management including scheduling, cost controls, stakeholder management, risk analysis, problem resolution, and communication.
- Experience with resource forecasting and time tracking.
- Must communicate well and work with the various teams within and outside of the organization.
- Must possess the ability to effectively coordinate efforts with departments/subcontractors and hold teams accountable to meet project deliverables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Soft skills needed in working with a fully remote team, including accurate time tracking, and both asynchronous and synchronous digital communication (i.e. email, Slack, and Project Management tools). Must have at least 5 hours of overlap with Eastern time zone work hours of 9am-5pm.
- An open mind ready to learn. Your processes and performance will be regularly evaluated by our Lead Project Manager, and you will be expected to respond to and adjust your approach based on their guidance.
- Knowledge of the preparation of technical proposals and project requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to lead teams to meet project objectives.
- Ability to simplify and communicate complex problems.
- Ability to communicate with all levels in the organization.
- Attention to detail.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Reliable, self-motivated, and open-minded.
- Geared to share information and communicate with team members.
- Able to identify program risk, engineering ‘scope creep’, and develop/implement risk mitigation planning.
- Experience with remote working.
It is our policy to select, place, train and promote the most qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience so as to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and without regard to non-work related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran stats, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, genetic information, or other protected status. When applicable, our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, placement, lay-off, compensation, termination, reduction in force and benefits.
The statements contained in this job description are intended to describe the general content and requirements for performance of this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of this job description at any time without prior notice.